Fordoun is situated in the green pastures of a successful Nottingham Road dairy farm, which has a history dating back to the 1800s. The original farm buildings have been painstakingly adapted into the atmospheric and gracious Fordoun Spa, Hotel and Restaurant, in a fusing of state-of-the-art leisure and spa facilities with the timeless tranquillity of by-gone days.
Fordoun combines the attractions of an award winning upmarket boutique hotel and spa with a top class conference, wedding and event destination and a superior restaurant. Fordoun caters for resident guests of the hotel as well as day visitors during the week at the Spa. Skye restaurant is open to the guests through out the week and weekend however booking is essential.
* Professional Beauty Award Destination Spa of the Year 2006
* Amarula Best Retreat in Africa Award, Heritage and Culture Award 2008
* Les Nouvelles Boutique Hotel Spas Winner 2008
* House & Leisure/visa Best of SA -2009 Winner
* World Travel Awards Leading Spa Resort Winner 2009
* House & Leisure/Visa Best of SA – 2010 Winner
* AA Travel Accommodation Awards Gold Achiever Award 2010
* Les Nouvelles Boutique Hotel Spa Finalist 2010
* Professional Beauty Awards Destination Spa of the Year Finalist 2011
* AA Travel Accommodation Awards Gold Achiever Award 2011
* Nominee World Luxury Spa Awards 2012
* Les Nouvelles Winner Boutique Hotel Spa 2012
* Les Nouvelles Winner Boutique Hotel Spa 2014