BASTILLE DAY – FORT NOTTINGHAM – 14TH JULY 2019
Alliance Francaise Pietermaritzburg is working closely with the Fort Nottingham Museum to celebrate Bastille Day on Sunday 14th July 2019 from 10.00am to 4.00pm at the Fort Nottingham Museum.
Contributions will be made towards the upkeep of the museum and alien plant eradication in Fort Nottingham
A day of Fabulous French Fun and celebrations with tantalizing French food stalls and fully stocked bars with all your favourite drinks and great entertainment. (Own food and beverages not allowed)
– Jacques Lagesse will be singing and entertaining us with his music and crooning the odd Edith Piaf song. We can all join in singing a rousing La Marseillaise
– Test your athletic prowess and skills at wine barrel rolling – the fastest time wins a fabulous hamper from Notties Spar and the accolades of being the champion barrel racer in KZN
– Admire the talent of the cancan dancers of Chislehurst Academic & Arts as you sip a glass of wine.
– Wander through the Montmartre art display provided by Harts (Howick Arts Society) and MOPS (Midlands Outdoor Painters)
– Discover local artistic talent with the Midlands Meander N3TC emerging artists, and Ardmore’s exotic creations
– Browse the stalls of homemade goodies together with fresh and organic local farm produce.
– Scrumptious food by Copperfield’s Kitchen including French onion soup to keep you French
– Mouth-watering croissants and baguettes from Notties Spar for you to fill with:
– Gourmet Greek French styled cheeses of camembert and brie and homemade butter
– Indezi slices of cheddar cheese and cream cheese drizzled with onion marmalade
– Delicious cold meat from Farmgate butchery
– Glühwein to keep you warm and locally produced beers from Midlands Bar Services
– Not French, but trendy, tastes of gin from Country Co.
– Pushpha crepes freshly made on the spot
– Not to forget Nova Chocolate – the yummies chocolate around
– The Nutty Nuts for a little saltiness
– All topped off with a little very special Camus French cognac taste.
– And rounding off with a delicious cup of coffee from Country Ground Coffee
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 490 9951